While I had found a few favorite pancake recipes that my kids enjoy, most vegan pancake recipes I've come across have been less than impressive. And then we tried this one and it was an instant favorite!
It is so easy to make and they come out fluffy and beautiful pretty much every time. Gather up your ingredients and let's make a special breakfast for everyone to enjoy!
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup water
1. Heat your skillet/griddle to medium (I put my burner on 4 out of 10).
2. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Pour in 1 1/2 cups water (12oz) and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix! I'm sure you've seen this warning before when making muffins, pancakes, cakes etc. That is because you want these types of foods to be light and fluffy, but the more you mix it the more the gluten develops which, so you lose the fluffiness.
4. Add a bit of oil to the pan (I like coconut oil!). Once it is hot, pour the batter in 1/4 cup increments. (it should sizzle when it hits the pan)
5. Allow to cook until the edges are set and there are bubbles on the top, then flip and cook for another 30-60 seconds on the other side.
These pancakes have plenty of sugar and are delicious on their own, but of course my kids love them with maple syrup, and we like to add peanut butter and jam and turn the leftovers into pancake sandwiches.
And that is all there is to it!
Want these recipes sent directly to your inbox? Sign up here!