Does the saying "a place for everything and everything in its place" give you warm fuzzies?
Are you obsessed with keeping things organized and loooove a good color-coordinated spreadsheet?
Want to work one on one with a CEO who is on a mission to normalize zero waste shopping and create a sustainable future?
Perhaps you’re right for our open position as an Executive Assistant.
Scoop Marketplace is a zero waste grocery store in Kirkland, WA, and we use our digital side of the business, Scoop Intelligence, to provide e-learning opportunities for Ecopreneurs who want to learn how to open zero waste stores like Scoop, and EcoCitizens who want continued education in Sustainability. We are looking for someone to join the team as an Executive Assistant.
This position’s primary focus is to support our founder, Stephanie, to help her stay organized and on task as she creates new content (both paid and free) to support her community.
Our ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail (can spot a typo a mile away) and knows how to communicate in an organized and efficient way. Discretion and confidentiality are essential for this position.
This role is primarily a virtual role, but there will be some in-person collaboration as well. This is a part-time position that reports directly to our CEO/Founder, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
You’ll know this job is for you if…
- You enjoy implementing systems to keep things organizes, and are ready to tend to every detail
- You are coachable and open to giving and receiving feedback
- You are resourceful, and take initiative to find the information and tools you need to get the job done at a high standard
- You have outstanding communication skills and are a creative problem solver
- You are self-disciplined and flexible
- You can handle tight deadlines
- You believe that genuine connection is based on authenticity and a shared value system
This role requires the ability to work cohesively within a team while maintaining your own, independent role, projects, and accountability of tasks and timeline. While you will work directly for me, Stephanie, you will also be receiving guidance, support, and ideas from our team as needed.
TASKS + ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Calendar management
- Email account management
- Set up podcast interviews
- Manage Google Drive folders
- Monitor Student/Partner Facebook groups and email account to track and answer questions
- Draft, publish, and send prepared communications to our students & partners
- Track collaborations and connections and keep our connection database updated, including contact information, dates, and additional information
- Research potential people to connect with and pitch for partnerships
*We are also looking to hire a graphic design assistant. If you have graphic design skills and would like to expand your role by taking on these tasks as well, please let us know in your application and be prepared to provide samples of your work.*
- Access to all of the resources that we use to define and aline our team culture
- Continued learning opportunities will be introduced along the way
- Complete comfort working virtually at least 90% of the time. You do well working from home and have strong boundaries. While this position can be entirely remote, Scoop Marketplace is established around the idea of a local community, and there is definitely value in being close enough to be familiar with the store and stop by on occasion or possibly be available to run errands for me. This is not a requirement and highly qualified applicants who live outside of the Seattle area will be considered.
- In regards to managing email: You must have the ability to write professionally and follow-up in a timely manner.
- You’re an organizational genius. We communicate with dozens (if not hundreds) of people on a daily basis and our goal is to make every interaction with each of those individuals a happy one, which involves keeping detailed records and notes.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the online course industry (Not required, but helpful!)
- Upbeat, resourceful self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment with limited oversight.
- Random bullet point inserted to see if you’re paying attention. Put the secret code in your application. The secret code is: “everything in its place”
- Please note: Starting out, this is a 5 hour per week role, with room to grow as the business grows. It’s a great opportunity for those looking for extra income while utilizing their people skills and organizational obsession.
- Compensation begins at $20.00 per hour.
- Make sure to have the secret code handy. If you do not have the secret code, please do not apply.
- Create a letter or up to 3-minute video to tell us how you fit THIS job. Tell us what about this role would be a dream for you and why you’re the perfect candidate.