Partner Communications Coordinator Job Opening
Do you love researching mission driven businesses and the best low waste lifestyle products? Are you passionate about building mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborative opportunities that add value to the community?
Are you obsessed with keeping things organized and loooove a good color-coordinated spreadsheet?
Want to work with a supportive, fun team on a mission to normalize zero waste shopping and create a sustainable future?
Perhaps you’re right for our open position as a Partner Communications Coordinator.
Scoop Marketplace is a zero waste grocery store in Kirkland, WA. It is an innovative business focused on normalizing zero waste grocery shopping. We sell a variety of bulk food, personal care products, and home goods that enable a sustainable lifestyle. By eliminating the need for disposable packaging, we are significantly reducing our environmental impact while saving our customers time and money. As we teach our community to waste less and live more, we are improving the quality of our lives while learning to walk more gently on the planet.
We are looking for someone to join the team as a Partner Communications Coordinator. Under this role you would serve as the inventory and sourcing coordinator, while building valuable partnerships with our vendors and other businesses and organizations whose values align with ours. You will also work regular shifts in the shop to make sure that you hear first hand how our customers are experiencing the products that we carry, what questions they have about them, and what products we can order to better meet their needs.
We are looking for someone who is committed to providing a consistently excellent customer experience, who manages different projects with ease, and has exceptional communication skills. We expect everyone on our team to be leaders in their role with a foundation in our values of sustainability, connection, and education.
HOW YOU WILL PARTNER WITH US:
- Provide a luxurious customer experience
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming and inclusive environment
- Greet customers warmly
- Teach customers bulk shopping etiquette
- Share knowledge of products and help customers brainstorm solutions to their problems
- Keep the shop orderly and well stocked to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Communicate and place inventory orders with vendors
- New product research
- Assist GM with inventory management
- Report to GM regarding new inventory orders
- Manage partners@scoopmarketplace email
- Accounts payable and budgeting for inventory purchases
- Organize in-store pop-up events and markets
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU APPROACH YOUR WORK:
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields: customer service and retail skills are essential for this position
- Willingness to jump in and help others regardless of the task
- Ability to build personal rapport with community, customers, and our team
- Excitement to create world-class customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
- Punctual and dependable
POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR FUTURE GROWTH:
- Help coordinate off-site events and represent Scoop Marketplace in the community
- Contribute to company blog and social media
- Step into a role specifically tailored to your strengths as the business grows and expands
- Shift leadership
This role requires the ability to work cohesively within a team while maintaining your own, independent role, projects, and accountability of tasks and timeline. You will also be receiving guidance, support, and ideas from our team.
As you can see, this isn’t simply a job.
This is an opportunity to have your dream role fulfilling your calling to support our customers and partners, and living a fully expressed life doing what you love.
- Complete comfort working in person with our shop customers, as well as spending time at your computer communicating with our partners. You do well working independently from home and have strong boundaries.
- You’re an organizational genius. We communicate with dozens (if not hundreds) of people on a daily basis and our goal is to make every interaction with each of those individuals a happy one, which involves keeping detailed records and notes.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, sustainable living
- Upbeat, resourceful self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment with limited oversight.
- Random bullet point inserted to see if you’re paying attention. Put the secret code in your application. The secret code is: “teamwork makes the dream work”
- Extremely strong people skills… hopefully that’s been made clear by now!
Job Type: Immediate part-time, Full-time potential after hire
Please note: Starting out, this is an 8-12 hour per week role, that will increase to a 20 - 30 hour a week or full time position when our store is fully operational as of this summer.
Compensation begins at $15.00 per hour.
We are committed to being a beneficial presence in the community by working together to build a business that provides a luxury shopping experience, accessible to all.
As part of a team, you must be willing to collaborate with other team members to create a holiday schedule that works for everyone.
Note: you will not be expected to work all weekend, every weekend, but we do like to maintain a regular schedule so that our team and customers know what to expect and can depend on a consistent experience.
- Make sure to have the secret code handy. If you do not have the secret code, please do not apply.
- Create a letter or up to 3-minute video to tell us how you fit THIS job. Tell us what about this role would be a dream for you and why you’re the perfect candidate.
Click here to fill out the application and include a link to your letter or video (make sure it’s viewable by anyone).
**Scoop Marketplace is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our organization.