Scoop Marketplace Team Member: Product Educator
Are you looking for a great workplace to scoop you up?
Scoop Marketplace is an innovative business focused on normalizing zero waste grocery shopping. We sell a variety of package-free foods, personal care products and home goods that complement a sustainable lifestyle. By eliminating the need for disposable packaging, we are significantly reducing our environmental impact while saving our customers time and money. As we teach our community to waste less and live more, we are improving the quality of our lives while learning to walk more gently on the planet.
We are looking to add a few members to our team to work directly with our customers, while collaborating with other team members in the overall growth and development of our business and community.
We are looking for someone who is committed to providing a consistently excellent customer experience while maintaining a passion for sustainable living and personal growth. We expect everyone on our team to be leaders in the Scoop Family with a foundation in our values of sustainability, community, and education.
Join our mission driven business where you will have the opportunity to add value to the lives of our community members on a daily basis.
HOW YOU WILL PARTNER WITH US:
- Provide a luxurious customer experience
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming and inclusive environment
- Greet customers warmly
- Teach customers bulk shopping etiquette
- Share knowledge of products and help customers brainstorm solutions to their problems
- Keep the shop orderly and well stocked to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Execute the daily operations of the store alongside the rest of the team
- Show consideration for your team members through consistent communication, follow-through, punctuality and a commitment to our working agreements
- Share feedback and contribute to the overall growth of Scoop
- Monitor and analyze the environmental and social performance of the store operations with the Sustainability Lead.
WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU APPROACH YOUR WORK:
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields: customer service and retail skills are essential for this position
- Willingness to jump in and help others regardless of the task
- Random bullet point inserted to see if you’re paying attention. Put the secret code in your application. The secret code is: “I love jars”
- Ability to build personal rapport with community, customers, and our team
- Excitement to create world-class customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about learning and trying new things
- Punctual and dependable
POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR FUTURE GROWTH:
- Help coordinate off-site events and represent Scoop Marketplace in the community
- Contribute to company blog and social media
- Step into a role specifically tailored to your strengths as the business grows and expands
- Shift leadership
Job Type: Part Time, with opportunity to move to FT.
Compensation begins at $15.00 per hour.
We are committed to being a beneficial presence in the community by working together to build a business that provides a luxury shopping experience, accessible to all.
As part of a team, you must be willing to collaborate with other team members to create a holiday schedule that works for everyone.
Note: you will not be expected to work all weekend, every weekend, but we do like to maintain a regular schedule so that our team and customers know what to expect and can depend on a consistent experience.
- Make sure to have the secret code handy. If you do not have the secret code, please reread this application.
- Create a letter or up to 3-minute video to tell us how you fit THIS job. Tell us what about this role would be a dream for you and why you’re the perfect candidate.
Click here to fill out the application and include a link to your letter or video (make sure it’s viewable by anyone).
**Scoop Marketplace is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our organization.