Nutritional Yeast, Organic 1/4 lb (Pre-Packed)
Primary-grown yeast is cultivated expressly for its nutritional components, rather than being the by-product of another industry such as brewing.
- A "super" food, providing nutrition and enhancing flavor in your favorite meals, drinks and snacks.
- An excellent source of protein, containing essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Rich in B-complex vitamins, which are important for energy production.
- A natural source of additional beneficial components, such as beta-1,3 glucan and mannan, trehalose and glutathione.
- Naturally low in fat and salt, with no added preservatives, flavors or colors.
- Kosher certified (excluding Passover).
- Naturally gluten-free.
Nutritional yeast has a strong flavor often described as nutty, cheesy, or creamy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes. It can be used in many recipes in place of cheese, such as in mashed and fried potatoes, or atop scrambled eggs or tofu. We love to sprinkled it over our popcorn!
Nutritional yeast is a flavor enhancer that offers naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and micro-nutrients. These large flakes are a bit spicier and have more yeast flavor than other nutritional yeast.
These flakes are a favorite for adding savory flavor to soups, sauces, gravies, and prepared foods where umami flavor is needed.Origin: USA
This pre-packed item comes in a compostable bag. Please remove the tin-tie at the top before disposing of in a commercial composting receptacle.